Principal Writer, Credit Cards | Bankrate
- Req#: 5504155
- Produce high-quality, well-reported content at a strong pace
- Stay up to date on industry news and trends to identify, pitch and write content opportunities that have a business impact and inform consumers
- Create multimedia content for social media platforms and represent Bankrate as a media spokesperson
- Update existing content for timeliness and accuracy
- Develop/product original ideas for fresh content
- Content ideation and editorial planning for original card-related news and evergreen topics that put consumers first.
- Follow AP style and brand voice and tone guidance
- Check story drafts for errors, typos and linking opportunities
- Use Asana, Google Sheets and our Content Management Systems as part of our editorial workflow for tracking and production
- Embrace opportunities to mentor growing writers
- 5+ years writing/editing experience
- Extensive knowledge in the credit card and personal finance space by having bylines at top publications.
- Passion for content creation and a track record of coming up with innovative approaches to complicated topics
- Deep familiarity and experience with Google’s evolving search landscape and an understanding of SEO best practices related to YMYL content and EEAT
- An innovative thinker and writer with journalistic rigor who regularly pitches new ideas and content types
- Willingness to write about credit card products and/or rewards programs that you personally use and recommend
- Ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities while keeping up with content production pace
- Ability to collaborate with editors, designers, SEO team members, project managers and publishers, as needed
- A portfolio of personal finance writing samples that showcase attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience creating multimedia content as a media spokesperson or a willingness to help develop this type of content is preferred.
- Cash Compensation Range: $105,000-$130,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
- Enrollment in Red Ventures Long Term Incentive Plan (Equity)
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Red Ventures is seeking a seasoned writer with deep experience in Credit Cards and Personal Finance. As a topical expert in these areas, the Principal Writer will produce comprehensive, timely and highly relevant content, including card launch coverage and breaking news stories. This role will also create and update educational content on credit cards topics in partnership with editors, SEO and other marketing functions.
The Principal Writer will leverage their experience to craft highly researched stories, drawing on data and interviews from sources and experts. This role will help to identify content opportunities that have the potential to demonstrate a business impact on traffic, backlinks and/or brand mentions. Experience with multimedia video production (or a willingness to help develop this type of content) is preferred.
What You’ll Do:
What We’re Looking For:
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Questions about this Privacy Notice can be directed to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may raise any questions or concerns to your manager, HR Business Partner, or through the Privacy Team.
About the companyRed Ventures focuses on what it calls "integrated marketplaces", namely sites that dispense news, advice, and reviews.