Principal Writer, Insurance | Bankrate
- Req#: 5673135
- Research and write authoritative content on insurance-related topics, particularly content focused on showcasing expertise in the auto and home insurance industries.
- Develop engaging and informative insurance articles, guides, product reviews and other forms of media that cater to the needs of diverse audiences.
- Distribute and promote insurance content across various channels, including social media, newsletters and partner websites.
- Ensure insurance content aligns with our brand voice, tone and style guidelines.
- Lead a team of Bankrate insurance writers, providing guidance and mentorship to help them further develop their voice, style and subject matter expertise in the insurance space.
- Serve as an insurance subject matter expert, representing Bankrate in media appearances, interviews, speaking engagements and on social media.
- Communicate complex insurance concepts in a clear and concise manner for different media formats, such as TV, radio, podcasts and online platforms.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, reporters and influencers to secure media opportunities and expand our brand presence.
- Stay up to date with insurance industry news and trends, and contextualize that information into actionable takeaways for consumers.
- Strategize new content types (such as video and other multimedia) to enhance the insurance content experience and audience engagement.
- Develop a strong personal brand as a trusted authority in the insurance space.
- Proactively contribute to insurance industry discussions and thought leadership initiatives through writing bylines, participating in panel discussions and speaking at conferences.
- Engage with the insurance community by responding to comments, questions and inquiries on social media and other platforms.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including PR and SEO, to leverage your insurance expertise for content marketing campaigns and promotional activities.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in insurance, particularly property and casualty (auto and home) insurance.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience, such as certifications, industry experience or board membership. Property and casualty insurance license is a strong plus.
- Proven experience creating compelling and informative content for various audiences, preferably in an editorial or journalism role.
- Strong research, writing and editing skills, with an ability to convey complex information in a clear and accessible manner.
- Proven ability to guide and develop a team of like-minded professionals while simultaneously performing the required duties of the principal writer position.
- Comfortable with public speaking and monthly media appearances, with the ability to articulate ideas effectively and engage with different audiences.
- Familiarity with advanced editorial strategies to maximize content distribution and engagement across multiple platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with media professionals and industry influencers.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously, as well as collaboratively in team and cross-functional settings.
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, regulations and best practices in insurance, especially property and casualty (auto and home) insurance.
- Passion for helping our audience understand the complexities of auto, home and life insurance.
- Cash compensation range: $100,000 - $135,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Red Ventures is looking for a Principal Insurance Writer to join our team at Bankrate, with a primary focus on creating world-class insurance-focused content that helps our audience find helpful and actionable information about auto and home insurance. This person will use their subject matter expertise and leverage data to create in-depth insurance content while actively engaging with the media and various platforms to advance Bankrate’s reputation as a leading authority in insurance.
The ideal candidate is a licensed property and casualty insurance agent and a skilled writer with excellent storytelling, project management and communication skills. Additionally, the candidate should have demonstrated examples as a thought leader on insurance topics, particularly property and casualty insurance, through credentials (particularly a property and casualty insurance license), media appearances, speaking engagements or on their own social media channels.
This person should have first-hand experience with insurance products, especially auto and home insurance, and a willingness to share that experience through their content to guide users to a financial decision. An understanding of SEO best practices and content distribution are a plus.
What You’ll Do:
What We’re Looking For:
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Questions about this Privacy Notice can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may raise any questions or concerns to your manager, HR Business Partner, or through the Privacy Team.
About the companyRed Ventures focuses on what it calls "integrated marketplaces", namely sites that dispense news, advice, and reviews.