Supervisory IT Cybersecurity Specialist (INFOSEC)
This announcement is issued under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one-year probationary period.
- Req#: 775495500
- U.S. Citizens
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. Examples of IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: leading others by setting the standards for the quality of work, even in the most difficult and/or high pressure circumstances; reviewing and editing work completed by others to ensure that the quality of work meets acceptable work standards;
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. Examples of IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: using expertise and experience to address complex problems, questions, or complaints; anticipating customer needs and modify the team's work activities, processes, and practices to meet these needs; collaborating across team and outside of own team to organize planning sessions that elicit ideas for improving customer service and support;
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. Examples of IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: clearly explaining and defending complex ideas, appropriately adapting to each audience's level of knowledge; actively listening and clarifying points when presenting highly complex and controversial findings; using well-constructed, fact-based arguments to persuade stakeholders/officials to take action on suggestions for improvement;
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. Examples of IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: providing precedent setting solutions to unique problems not previously encountered; helping team make decisions which are complicated by the number and nature of existing policy, guidelines, and organizational goals; identifying the root causes of problems; developing systemic solutions to address them and prevent them from reoccurring.
- Providing cybersecurity technical guidance to design, control, implement, and evaluate IT-related projects; and
- Developing plans to ensure IT-related acquisitions, procurements, and outsourcing efforts address information security requirements consistent with organization goals; and
- Leading and overseeing the development, analysis, and publishment of cyber policy in support of cybersecurity initiatives and regulatory compliance; and
- Developing and implementing programs to ensure that systems, network, and data users are aware of, understand, and adhere to systems security policies and procedures;
Who May Be Considered:
This position is remote work (long distance remote) and telework eligible consistent with the Agency's telework and remote work program policy. Applicants who live within the local commuting area (i.e., a 50-mile or less radius from Glebe Road, Arlington VA (not driving distance)) are ineligible for local remote work and are expected to perform work onsite and may be eligible for telework in accordance with agency policy.
This is a shared job announcement across the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, with multiple participating divisions. Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement. These divisions include, but are not limited to:
QualificationsTo be considered minimally qualified for this position, you must demonstrate that you have the required experience for the respective grade level in which you are applying:
You must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: In addition to meeting the qualification requirement listed above, you must have at least one year of specialized experience at the next lower GS-grade level (or equivalent). Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Such experience is typically gained in the IT field or through the performance of work where the primary concern is IT.
You qualify for the GS-15 grade level if you have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the GS-14 grade level (or equivalent) performing the following duties:
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
About the companyThe United States Department of Homeland Security is the U.S. federal executive department responsible for public security, roughly comparable to the interior or home ministries of other countries. Its stated missions involve anti-terrorism, border security, immigration and customs, cyber security, and disaster prevention and management.