Principal Writer, Loans | Bankrate
- Req#: 5582596
- Research and write authoritative content related to personal loans and debt, such as debt relief and settlement, BNPL and similar alternative financing, the impact of interest rates on borrowers and more.
- Collaborate with writers working on content related to auto and student loans to add a greater depth of subject expertise and finer polish.
- Develop engaging and informative articles, guides and reviews and other forms of media that cater to the needs of diverse audiences.
- Distribute and promote content across various channels, including social media, newsletters and partner websites.
- Ensure content aligns with our brand voice, tone and style guidelines.
- Serve as a subject matter expert, representing Bankrate in media appearances, interviews, speaking engagements and on social media.
- Communicate complex loan concepts in a clear and concise manner for different media formats, such as TV, radio, podcasts and online platforms.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, reporters and influencers to secure media opportunities and expand our brand presence.
- Stay up to date with industry news and trends and contextualize that information into actionable takeaways for consumers.
- Strategize new content types (such as video and other multimedia) to enhance the content experience and audience engagement.
- Develop a strong personal brand as a trusted authority in the loans space.
- Proactively contribute to industry discussions and thought leadership initiatives through writing bylines, participating in panel discussions and speaking at conferences.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including PR and SEO, to leverage your expertise for content marketing campaigns and promotional activities.
- Use Asana, Google Sheets and our Content Management Systems as part of our editorial workflow for tracking and production.
- 7+ years writing experience within the category of Consumer Lending.
- Extensive personal loans knowledge and expertise in the field.
- Strong research, writing and editing skills, with an ability to convey complex information in a clear and accessible manner.
- Proven experience creating compelling and informative content for various audiences, preferably in an editorial or journalism role.
- A strong drive for content creation with a track record for coming up with innovative approaches to complicated topics.
- Comfortable with public speaking and monthly media appearances, with the ability to articulate ideas effectively and engage with different audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with media professionals and industry influencers.
- Experience with Google’s ever-evolving search landscape, including EEAT and other similar considerations.
- Familiarity with advanced editorial strategies to maximize content distribution and engagement across multiple platforms.
- A portfolio of writing samples that showcases attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities while keeping up with content production pace.
- Experience in meeting tight deadlines while working independently.
- Ability to collaborate with editors, designers, SEO team members, project managers and publishers.
- Familiarity with AP style and using content style guides.
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, regulations and best practices in personal finance.
- Cash compensation range: $100,000 - $135,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Red Ventures is looking for an insightful Principal Writer who will be responsible for educational and experience content on Bankrate. This person will use their subject matter expertise and leverage data to create in-depth content while actively engaging with the media and various platforms to advance Bankrate’s reputation as a leading authority in loans.
The ideal candidate is a skilled writer with excellent storytelling, project management and communication skills. Additionally, the candidate should have demonstrated examples as a thought leader on personal loans and debt topics, whether through credentials, media appearances, speaking engagements or on their own social media channels.
This person should have first-hand experience with financial products, specifically loans, and a willingness to share that experience through their content to guide users to a financial decision. An understanding of SEO best practices and content distribution are a plus.
What You’ll Do:
What We’re Looking For:
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Questions about this Privacy Notice can be directed to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may raise any questions or concerns to your manager, HR Business Partner, or through the Privacy Team.
About the companyRed Ventures focuses on what it calls "integrated marketplaces", namely sites that dispense news, advice, and reviews.