Principal Writer, Deposits | Bankrate
- Req#: 5673125
- Research and write authoritative content on banking-related topics, particularly content focused on showcasing expertise in the deposits space.
- Develop engaging and informative consumer banking articles, guides, product reviews and other forms of media that cater to the needs of diverse audiences.
- Distribute and promote banking content across various channels, including social media, newsletters and partner websites.
- Ensure banking content aligns with our brand voice, tone and style guidelines.
- Guide and mentor a team of Bankrate deposits writers to help them further develop their voice, style and subject matter expertise in the consumer banking space.
- Serve as a banking subject matter expert, representing Bankrate in media appearances, interviews, speaking engagements and on social media.
- Communicate complex banking concepts in a clear and concise manner for different media formats, such as TV, radio, podcasts and online platforms.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, reporters and influencers to secure media opportunities and expand our brand presence.
- Stay up to date with banking industry news and trends, and contextualize that information into actionable takeaways for consumers.
- Strategize new content types (such as video and other multimedia) to enhance the content experience and drive audience engagement.
- Develop a strong personal brand as a trusted authority in the consumer banking space.
- Proactively contribute to banking industry discussions and thought leadership initiatives through writing bylines, participating in panel discussions and speaking at conferences.
- Engage with the savings community by responding to comments, questions and inquiries on social media and other platforms.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including PR and SEO, to leverage your banking expertise for content marketing campaigns and promotional activities.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in consumer banking, particularly checking and savings accounts as well as CDs.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience, such as certifications like an MBA and/or financial services industry experience.
- Proven experience creating compelling and informative content for various audiences, preferably in an editorial or journalism role.
- Strong research, writing and editing skills, with an ability to convey complex information in a clear and accessible manner.
- Proven ability to guide and develop a team of like-minded professionals while simultaneously performing the required duties of the principal writer position.
- Comfortable with public speaking and monthly media appearances, with the ability to articulate ideas effectively and engage with different audiences.
- Familiarity with advanced editorial strategies to maximize content distribution and engagement across multiple platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with media professionals and industry influencers.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously, as well as collaboratively in team and cross-functional settings.
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, regulations and best practices in consumer banking, especially for deposit accounts.
- Passion for helping our audience understand the complexities of consumer banking and savings strategies.
- Cash compensation range: $100,000 - $135,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Red Ventures is looking for a Principal Banking Writer to join our team at Bankrate, with a primary focus on creating world-class consumer banking content that helps our audience find helpful and actionable information about deposit accounts and savings. This person will use their subject matter expertise and leverage data to report on in-depth deposits content while actively engaging with the media and various platforms to advance Bankrate’s reputation as a leading authority in consumer banking.
The ideal candidate is a banking expert and skilled writer with excellent storytelling, project management and communication skills. Additionally, the candidate should have demonstrated examples as a thought leader on consumer banking topics — particularly in checking and savings products — media appearances, speaking engagements or on their own social media channels.
This person should have first-hand experience with consumer banking products and a willingness to share that experience through their content to guide users to a financial decision. An understanding of SEO best practices and content distribution is a plus.
What You’ll Do:
What We’re Looking For:
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Questions about this Privacy Notice can be directed to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may raise any questions or concerns to your manager, HR Business Partner, or through the Privacy Team.
About the companyRed Ventures focuses on what it calls "integrated marketplaces", namely sites that dispense news, advice, and reviews.